Frittelle recipe: ideal treat for Carnival time.
Frittelle – Cream Fried Puffs
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 180 gr plain flour
- 3 eggs + 4 egg yolks
- 250 ml of water
- 60 gr of butter
- 200 gr of granulated sugar
- oil for frying
- Icing sugar
- 1/2 lt. of milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- First prepare the dough for the frittelle.
- Place the water, 50 gr. sugar, the salt and the butter in a saucepan and bring to boil.
- As soon as it boils, add 150 gr. of flour in one go and mix fast very well keeping the pan on high heat – be careful not to burn it.
- As soon as the mixture pulls away from the pan remove from the heat.
- Leave it to stand while it cools down.
- Prepare the filling: place the 4 egg yolks and the remaining sugar in a pan and whisk well until it is pale.
- Add a pinch of salt and the remaining flour and mix well.
- Slowly add the milk making sure not to have any lumps.
- Place on a slow heat and brig to boil till the cream goes nice and thick.
- Place the vanilla pod in the cream. Set aside to cool.
- Take the frittelle mixture, add one egg at time and mix throughly , combining each egg yolk well.
- Heat up the oil – to check when it is ready, take a wooden spoon and insert it in the pan. If bubbles appears around the spoon, then the oil is ready.
- Helping yourself with two teaspoons add little balls of mixture to the oil (not too many at time).
- The little balls will start to blow and increase in size.
- Remove as soon as they are nice and golden.
- Once you have cooked all the frittelle, take the vanilla pod away from the cream and insert the cream in each one using a sac à poche.
- Dust the frittelle with icing sugar and serve.
I am a native Italian from Venice, Italy. I am a Food blogger, a Culinary guide in Venice and a Cooking instructor giving cooking classes with Cook In Venice in ...Read more about this chef..