Italian vegetarian recipes
Risotto de suca (Pumpkin Risotto)
Typical VenetianÂ dish, pumpkin risotto is prepared with a few simple ingredients.
Pumpkin risotto is a dish made of risotto riceÂ (Vialone nano, Arborio or Carnaroli) with aÂ very special and delicate flavor, given by its main ingredient, butternut squash andÂ Â enhanced by the flavor of Parmigiano which is used to mantecare.
This is one of the most delicious and commonÂ risotto in Veneto – during Fall and Winter butternut squash/pumpkin is used in many dishes, but particularly with risotto. One of the best Italian Vegetarian recipes, easy and fast to prepare!
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PEOPLE:
500 gr rice, Arborio or Vialone Nano
400 gr. Pumpkin/butternut squash
1 sliced white onion
100 gr butter
80 gr. Parmisan cheese
1 litre of vegetable broth
- Cut the pumpkin in small cubes after you have taken off the seeds and the shell.
- Fry gently in half the butter the chopped onion and then add the pumpkin and leave to cook for 10 minutes adding 2 large spoons of broth.
- Now place 1 spoon of olive oilÂ in a sauce pan and heat it.
- Add the rice, toast it for a minute until it becomes translucent, add the glass of wine and let evaporate.
- Add the pumpkin and a bit of the broth.
- Stir and slowly start adding the broth waiting every time for it to be absorbed by the rice.
- Keep stirring the rice until it is cooked through.
- Turn the heat off, add a little bit of butter and a good spoonful of Parmisan.
- Cover with a dry cloth and the lid.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes (the cloth will trap the steam and give you a nice glossy rice).
- Serve hot. Â