Italian vegetarian recipes
Risotto de suca (Pumpkin Risotto)
Typical Venetian dish, pumpkin risotto is prepared with a few simple ingredients.
Pumpkin risotto is a dish made of risotto rice (Vialone nano, Arborio or Carnaroli) with a very special and delicate flavor, given by its main ingredient, butternut squash and enhanced by the flavor of Parmigiano which is used to mantecare.
This is one of the most delicious and common risotto in Veneto – during Fall and Winter butternut squash/pumpkin is used in many dishes, but particularly with risotto. One of the best Italian Vegetarian recipes, easy and fast to prepare!
INGREDIENTS FOR 6 PEOPLE:
500 gr rice, Arborio or Vialone Nano
400 gr. Pumpkin/butternut squash
1 sliced white onion
100 gr butter
80 gr. Parmisan cheese
1 litre of vegetable broth
- Cut the pumpkin in small cubes after you have taken off the seeds and the shell.
- Fry gently in half the butter the chopped onion and then add the pumpkin and leave to cook for 10 minutes adding 2 large spoons of broth.
- Now place 1 spoon of olive oil in a sauce pan and heat it.
- Add the rice, toast it for a minute until it becomes translucent, add the glass of wine and let evaporate.
- Add the pumpkin and a bit of the broth.
- Stir and slowly start adding the broth waiting every time for it to be absorbed by the rice.
- Keep stirring the rice until it is cooked through.
- Turn the heat off, add a little bit of butter and a good spoonful of Parmisan.
- Cover with a dry cloth and the lid.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes (the cloth will trap the steam and give you a nice glossy rice).
- Serve hot.