Frittelle recipe: ideal treat for Carnival time.
Ingredients for about 40 frittelle:Â
150 gr plain flour
250 ml of water
60 gr of butter
50 gr of granulated sugar
oil for frying
For the Cream:
4 egg yolks,Â
1/2 lt of milk ,
150 g of granulated sugar,
30 g of flour,
1 vanilla pod,
a pinch of salt.
- First prepare the dough for the frittelle.Â
- Place the water, the sugar, the salt and the butter in a saucepan and bring to boil. As soon as it boils, add the flour in one go and mix fast very well keeping the pan on high heat – be careful not to burn it. As soon as the mixture pulls away from the pan remove from the heat. Leaveit Â to stand while it cools down.
- Prepare the filling: place the egg yolks and the sugar in a pan and whisk well until it is pale. Add the pinch of salt and the flour and mix well. Slowly add the milk making sure not to have any lumps. Place on a slow heat and brig to boil till the cream goes nice and thick. Place the vanilla pod in the cream. Set aside to cool.
- Take the frittelle mixture, add one eggÂ at time mixing extremely well.Â Heat up the oil – to check when it is ready, take a wooden spoon and insert it in the pan. If bubbles appears around the spoon, then the oil is ready.
- Helping yourself with two teaspoons add little balls of mixture to the oil (not too many at time). The little balls will start to blow and increase in size. Remove as soon as they are nice and golden.
- Once you have cooked all the frittelle, take the vanilla pod away from the cream and insert the cream in each one using a sache Ã poche.
- Dust the frittelle with icing sugar and serve.