At Carnival time we cannot avoid to prepare these delicious fried cakes, and today it was the turn of these delicateÂ pancakes with Nutella. Try our simple recipe for Frittelle alla Nutella Â – you can also substitute the Nutella withÂ Â pastry cream, lemon cream, dark chocolate cream. Or follow our Frittelle alla Crema recipe!
Frittelle alla Nutella
Ingredients for about 15 large frittelle:
150 gr plain flour
250 ml of water
60 gr of butter
50 gr of granulated sugar
oil for frying
Ingredients for Nutella filling:
4 large spoons of Nutella or chocolate spread
200 gr. single cream
- First prepare the dough for the frittelle.
- Place the water, the sugar, the salt and the butter in a saucepan and bring to boil. As soon as it boils and the butter has melted, add the flour in one go and mix fast very well keeping the pan on high heat â€“ be careful not to burn the mixture.
- As soon as the mixture pulls away from the pan remove from the heat. Leave it Â to stand while it cools down.
- Prepare the filling: place 4 the Nutella in a large bowl and add the single cream. Mix well.
- Now take the frittelle mixture, add one eggÂ at time mixing extremely well before adding the next one.
- Heat up the oil â€“ to check when it is ready, take a wooden spoon and insert it in the pan. If bubbles appears around the spoon, then the oil is ready.
- Helping yourself with two tablespoons add large balls of mixture to the oil (not too many at time). The balls will start to blow and increase in size. Remove as soon as they are nice and golden.
- Once you have cooked all the frittelle, leave to cool down completely.
- Fill a sac a poche with the Nutella.
- Fill each frittella with a shot of filling
- Dust the frittelle with icing sugar and serve.