Italian Side Dish Recipe: Mountain Style Carrots or Carote Aea Montanara
Today the Italian side dish recipe we would like to suggest is Carote Aea Montanara that is Mountain Style Carrots.
An Italian side dish from the mountains of Veneto with a very simple preparation, but which is appreciated because of the opportunity to bring to the table carrots in a new and appetizing version.
Come and learn how to prepare this quick and easy Italian side dish recipe and many more in our culinary courses in Venice. Book Now!
Carote aea montanara (Mountain style carrots)
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
400 gr carrots
1 sliced onion
30 gr. Butter
100 gr. Speck or PancettaÂ
1 ladle of broth, hot
120 gr fresh cream
- Peel all the carrots – the peeler supplied with the ceramic knives by U-Cook Italia is very useful.
- Cut them in small cubes.
- Chop the Speck or Pancetta into small cubes.
- PIace the butter in a large pan like a wok.
- Fry gently the onion in the butter.
- As soon as it is golden and soft, add the carrots, mix well and let cook at high heat for 5 minutes.Â
- Add the speck or pancetta, the broth and cook at low heat for at least 20-30Â minutes.
- Once cooked, switch the heat off, add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Add some parsley or nut meg if you wish and serve hot.
We would like to hear from you, please feel free to let us know if you have tried our recipe and how it turned out – your comments are always welcome!