Radicchio Starter Recipe
Radicchio Starter Recipe: there are many varieties of radicchio, some slightly bitter in flavor and others a little milder, but almost all are crisp. These very versatile vegetables areÂ ideal for those who love slightly bitter flavors.
Its leaves with deep red colour and the white and fleshy stripes recall the intensity of the colors of autumn leaves. But the distinction of these type of saladÂ is not to add a note of color to green salads. Radicchio is a veritable mine of useful substances to the body.
It has antioxidant properties and is helpful against psoriasis, type 2 diabetes, obesity, constipation and indigestion.
But above all it is one of the most delicious vegetables around.
So go ahead, try our delicious Radicchio Starter Recipe – this and many more can be learned during our cooking classes in Italy.
Radicchio e pancetta saltati – Pan fried Radicchio and Pancetta
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE:
1 Radicchio bunch
salt and pepper
- Wash and chop the Radicchio.
- Chop the Pancetta – why don’t you try using a ceramic knife by U-Cook Italia, stylish Italian designed kitchen utensils?
- Gently fry the pancetta in a large frying pan until is really really crispy.
- Add the Radicchio to the pan, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a dash of wine and let it evaporate.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the Radicchio is nice and soft.
- Serve together with lightly toasted fresh bread.